When my wife Annette and I bought our B&B twelve years ago, it was our dream to eventually offer Cooking Classes, Cooking Demonstrations, Wine Educational programs and a Wine Club. The growth in popularity of culinary travel has grown dramatically over the last couple of years, especially with programs such as HGTV and the Food Network.
Nowadays there are there are a range of recreational activities suited to all levels of interest ranging from novice to professional series. Programs that include:
- Formats that range from short demonstrations, half day programs for individuals or corporate groups, or full weekend experiences.
- Packages that combine wine pairings and education as part of this experience.
- The growing need to use healthier ingredients incorporating organic produce.
- Cooking classes in order to be considered up to date with society as the “in thing”.
- Both men and women often share cooking and fine wines as a way to spend quality time together allowing them to travel to different locations as well as experiencing international cuisine and cooking techniques.
If you want try something locally, Bacchus House will be offering cookery demonstrations and wine educational programs as the launch of their Wine Club all to commence in November of this year. Please go to www.bacchushouse.ca for more details.